Sunday, September 23, 2018



This is the first poem of any kind that I have written. Actually I think it would be unfair to call it a poem, but to be more precise these are just lines that have no rhyming scheme or poetic words. I have attempted to mix a little bit of reality with a little bit of my imagination to write this. Happy Reading!

 I went to the beach once

Yes that place which is filled with people and garbage regardless of the time and date

Where sand castles galore 

Horse rides are shunned from the eyes of animal activists 
But that night was special
A tiny portion of the sea was glistening under the full moon
Leaving the rest of us in darkness
Kids were screaming with each wave
Which foamed under my feet
My feet dug deeper into the sand with each one of them
A father was dunking his son into the water 
Perhaps his idea of bonding
Something hit my foot
Maybe a skull or an oyster with pearl
Oh no it was just a shoe
But all sound and air vanished
As my eyes were fixed deep into the blessed part under the moon
There came a ship breaking through the mist
With conch sounds heard at a war and at a festival
It was so huge that I was afraid that the moon was going to fall off from the sky into my hands
I looked around to see if anyone else noticed this majestic, way-too-visible ship 
But everyone around me were frozen like Greek statues with clothes flying with the wind and faces with a peculiar perplexity 
The ship was filled with people like the ones in fairytales with a  smile plastered on their face and a divine halo around them 
Dressed in white satin robes with folds like the ones on a metamorphic rock
Just as I though the ship was going to topple over by hitting the ground
It started rising
Then their faces changed
From a frown their face muscles stretched to a grimace
And soon they were spitting on us
All of us, humans where being spit on by them
No longer dressed in robes they wore a black rag 
Eyes blood shot and hair matted 
Their faces angry like a political mob
And they were muttering something 
I tried to make it out before they went out of my sight
Like prophesying they looked at me in the eyes and whispered “the time has come”
And soon I was floating higher and higher leaving this mortal earth 
I rose high above and joined the ship
The moon and the ship became 
One and the same


1 comment: